Great Plains Business Development Center is a comprehensive business assistance program that creates and fosters an entrepreneurial “ecosystem” for start-up, early-stage firms, or firms expanding product or services with the goal of improving their chances to grow into healthy, sustainable, and self-sufficient companies. The Great Plains Business Development Center will help nurture entrepreneurial and economic development in the community by providing affordable office space, services, training, mentoring, and a network of professional advisors.
Goals of the programs
- Foster the community’s entrepreneurial climate
- A viable product or service
- Potential for job creation for the local community
- Diversify our local economy
- Retain emerging businesses in our community
- Demonstrate a need for the incubation process
- Capital/Funding that covers start-up cost
- Completed business plan
- Willingness to be mentored and participate in the incubation process
- Demonstrate potential to increase the local tax base
- Provide a space that allows local food producers to develop their products in a legal and efficient way
- Encourage and nurture the commercialization of emerging artists in the community.
How to become a tenant
Start your planning today to become a successful tenant of the Business Development Center. We will contact you and answer any questions that you might have about how to start your journey to success.